My Jamie Oliver Recipe Experience

Moroccan Lamb, served with flatbreads, herby couscous, stuffed peppers and pomegranate drink.


I've been trying out Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals with (I think) some good successes. I play the video in the background and between the two of us we can almost make it in 30 minutes! My favourite so far has been the moroccan lamb chops - quite simple, tasty and fun to do. I find it's easy to alter parts of the recipes to what I've got around the house and to use bits elsewhere so thanks Jamie for improving my cooking!


My tips are to get all the ingredients and serving bowls out first and if you get chance have a quick watch of the video. Here's the link to the episode on 4od http://www.channel4.com/programmes/jamies-30-minute-meals/episode-guide/series-1/episode-24 and the recipe is in Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast




This is how I carried out the recipe, following Jamie as much as I could but adapting to what I had in the cupboard and had remembered to buy.


Lamb: I used some racks of lamb from the local supermarket, but chops would work to I think. Score the surface and rub in the suggested herbs and spices - cumin, paprika and Thyme. Cook in a hot frying pan for 5minutes, colouring all the sides then cook in the oven. 




Houmous: In a bowl I put the plain houmous, making a well to add olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and some paprika


Flatbreads: This was a new technique to me (I always just used foil) but really works - scrunch up and wet a large piece of greaseproof paper then open it up. Place on flatbreads on, drizzle with olive oil and some herbs (I used rosemary and thyme). Wrap up the flatbreads and pop in the oven to warm up. 





Couscous: Pop the couscous in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and cover with bowling water. Add a lid on the top. After the couscous has absorbed the water, I added some more olive oil, lemon and Italian herbs


Stuffed Peppers: I used roasted jarred peppers and put some cheese inside and cook on the pan for a few minutes until cheese melts. 


Pomegranate drink: In a large jug I added ice, the juice of two pomegranates, some flat slightly lemonade (fizzy water would do), a little bit of lemon juice, mint leaves and stirred. Taste and adjust amounts. 









No comments:

Post a Comment